Monday 17 October 2011

Where did elephantfrills come from?

Hi
sorry Ive not posted for so long. I need to get into the swing of this blogging business!
I am going to answer a question several people have asked me, and im sure many more people want to know but are too polite to ask! Where did the name elephant frills come from? Its simple realy!
I never realy had a business name to begin with. I just sold at craft fairs with a business card that just had my name and folksy account on. I was applying for a stall at a particular event that needed a business name. hmmmmmmm...... what to call myself?
After a run of night shifts (very busy night shifts!), and an application deadline looming, me and my then boyfriend (now husband not ex!) sat down to come up with a name. OK in reality, I sat down to come up with a name, he sat down to be totally useless at naming anything! After several horrendous suggestions, I decided to open up a word document and use the theasaurus. I typed in 'accessories' and one of the words it came up with was frills. I thought that was perfect as all my products are the frills of an outfit. The non essential items that make it just that bit prettier. However, frills is not realy an adequate business name, so what to put with it? Jokingly, the man said elephant? as they are my favourite animals. And you know what? I LOVED it! Ok its totally random and loads of people dont get it, but thats me all over! I hope you like it too, please comment about it below. Dont hold back, I can handle it!
Next time, im working on uploading pictures of what im currently making - scary times!

No comments:

Post a Comment